Thursday 18 September 2008

AFRICA RE-VISITED

This is the final post before I hit the Africa trail.I am leaving behind me a great bunch of trustees and some fantastic volunteers and sponsors without whom none of this dream would be possible.

Every day brings something wonderful, donations of clothing, blankets, spectacles, bedding, medication, school bags, shoes and money to support our work.

I will be out buying a motor bike with funds raised by a Bedford Shotokan Karate group, a fantastic achievement from them.To those of you who have helped in any way I really cannot tell you how much difference those things make.

I leave in the early hours of Friday morning but this time I will not be alone. Keith, who sponsors 2 boys and Trevor who is a trustee will be with me and spend time working with the children, doing some DIY, building a wall around the land. Keith has a football project to deliver and Trevor plans to build a hut with some of our children to house a homeless family. How great is that? I have meetings arranged with the government office and head teachers, I will visit families and check on their welfare. We have found families for all these children and we must ensure the health and wellbeing of those people caring for the children.

I will be teaching staff and children how to use the amazing Emotional Freedom Technique to help them deal with their emotional issues and any health problems. Keith and Trevor are included although they may not be aware of that yet!

Next time I post here it will be from Uganda!


No comments:

Post a Comment