Saturday 10 April 2010

BACK IN UGANDA


I came here after redundancy from work and several weeks sick, planning to take a rest but it’s just not possible, around every corner is a family or individual who touches you. However, I am not working now so I am having to deal with things differently but it is difficult to turn your back.

Tomorrow Wendy, a trustee, who has been here is returning home so I am travelling to Entebbe with her and we are taking some time to travel around.

We are planning to stay on an island in Lake Victoria overnight, visit the source of the Nile, the falls and the equator. Its my way of taking a rest, and I will stay on there after she has gone to spend some time with a friend living there.

It is the rainy season and we have had proof of that as I was caught in a terrible storm with Isaac on the motor bike. It seems to be a habit for us to return home soaked to the skin.

At least the rains are supporting the digging and planting of these rural people and we have even planted maize and vegetables in our garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment