Sunday 8 February 2015

8th February 2015

What a weekend and its not over yet.
Shopping for the weeks food and I got left alone to carry it home. One girl went to trap her husband who was having an affair, then tried suicide, our gate I lock at 8pm and everyone knows it and I had to lock it when a boy was out.When the guard said he would fetch me he left. Thankfully he came back and it was a 2 hour counseling session as many issues were raised. Today he back to his amazing self. Woken by people calling my name, a boy from the street turned up with one of our boys who is having problems at home and has left and come back from the village for help. Street kid who I will call Bill has spent so much time in prison and he was relaying life on the street and the number of people who he has seen killed there. he refused tea and bread for breakfast because he said he was not allowed it in prison now he feels scared to eat it. Needless to say persuasion, kindness and love conquers all and he enjoyed it. Over breakfast he said he is putting his life in Gods hands now. He thinks we are Gods message to him to be a good person. He fell asleep as he doesn't get any sleep on the street during night time because he fears being murdered. As he slept the sun crept round so I went to wake him to move. As I touched him he reached up to take my hand and said ''I love you'' Wherever can you buy such treasured moments?? 
We have shelled thousands of monkey nuts to mix with sesame and make a paste like peanut butter which everyone loves. It will be a shared treat. Ronald is frying the beans to eat with potatoes today and then I am going for dinner with Daniel who is one of our boys who wants to cook for me and make a party. I will go on behalf of Julia too who is supporting him in his mobile phone technician business.

No comments:

Post a Comment