Saturday 10 January 2015

9th January 2015



I have finally arrived. Journey was ok and as I had only 40 mins to change flights in Dubai it was a speedy run across the airport and how huge is it???? I knew I had arrived in Uganda with 2 huge flights arriving from Ethiopia, Kenya amd UK within minutes of each other.

The queue for immigration was hundreds deep. We had all completed our ebola questionnaire and the safety was 1 official with a spray container of antiseptic catching us physically to clean out hands. People who tried to sneak past were shouted at and ordered back in line. Then we filed past 2 people dressed as nurses with masks and plastic gloves who took out temperature.

I passed all tests and was permitted entry to find the taxi was not waiting for me so it was hunting for my Ugandan phone. I eventually arrived at guest house to a warm welcome and sleep and more sleep. Yesterday I slept again, this time on the shores of Lake Victoria under palm trees and on soft white sand.

I swam in warm water and was greeted by a huge stork who left me bathing in the coolness of the wind created by its great and powerful wings. Sadly when God gave out beauty the stork was definitely at the back of the queue. I am off to Lira and my Ugandan family on Monday leaving here at 5.45am for my 7 hours on a local bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment