Thursday 22 January 2015

22nd January 2015

I am pleased to say that the power came back on today and now the water is off. A digger was repairing a small bridge and dug through the water pipes and it happens EVERY TIME. So thinking about the effects of no water.

1 No flush toilet so I am outside at the latrine in the dark.

2 Walking to the well to collect water in convoy.  I only managed a 10 litre jerri can as it is uphill on the way home.

3  Washing in a plastic basin with limited water

It is all in a days work in Uganda here

Ronald and Peter have carried bags and bags of bricks to make a higher path on the road outside the front gate. We have problems with rain water coming into the compound under the gate and eroding the soil.

I have bought shears so tomorrow is trimming the bushes ready for our Family Day on Thursday.

A few more jobs around and I will post photos of the improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment