Monday 19 January 2015

19th January 2015

It is now past midnight and I am being bombarded by some flying almost pre-historic creature. Can't stop though as I need to get to bed. I have a stressful day ahead investigating an issue on training for one boy and doing some detective work to gain the truth. Had a relaxing day waking at 9am and missing church. Did some washing, a bit of gardening in scorchio heat then sat for bread, peanut paste, pineapple and pau pau from the garden. Ronald, my boy, washed up and then put the beans on the charcoal fire. He cooked lunch telling me, you relax mum, I am cooking for us today. It is great having a working fridge as we cook for 2 days at a time. Today yellow beans with rice. I have persuaded him not to fry the onions and tomatoes until they are 'dead' so tasted lovely. Been a bit spoiled today but actually he has a bit of a conscience going on. Went to visit one of our old boys who trained as a carpenter. He has planted his land with sugar cane which he will have to sell around Easter. Good boy. Called to see a couple of friends and sat with my neighbour in her shop discussing the world over a bottle of cold water. Got home to find the grass in the plot opposite on fire. I saw what a bush fire is really like, It creeps along at floor level and when it finds something dry it bursts into 20 ft flames roaring so loud and throwing out unbearable heat. Very scarey. Some passion fruit almost ready in our garden so looking forward to that helping towards my 5 a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment